Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Our 4th of July!!!

The 4th of July is up there with Thanksgiving as one of my favorite holidays.  As children, Lyn and I both grew up going to Port O' Connor for the 4th of July, and I LOVE it that Leighton will do the same.  This year, we had lots of family from both sides in town... so we were busy!  True to form, I didn't take very many pictures, but I got a few good ones of our little firecracker.

With Auntie Annie...
Here is one with her sad lip (she was tired)...
In short, we did a lot of this over the weekend...
(yes, that is a cooler scooter... and yes, it belongs to my husband)

Along with some of this...
And a little of this...
I didn't get any late-nite pictures, but Leighton was a champ during the fireworks.  We watched them from the front porch right across the street from the pier where they were shooting them, and she didn't bat an eye the whole time.  I kept glancing back and forth between the fireworks and the sweet little girl in my arms... and I realized how lucky I am to live in a free country, to have such a wonderful family, and to be her mommy.  Hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment