Wednesday, June 1, 2011

It’s a bloggy blog world…

I mentioned a few posts ago that I had a blog-related run-in at Kendra’s wedding. Here’s how it went down…

After the wedding, my parents took Leighton to the reception, and Lyn stayed back with me while the wedding party took pictures. When we arrived at the reception, we found my parents and the munchkin sitting at a table. As usual, my mom was holding Miss Leighton and the rest of us were standing around admiring her when a couple sitting at a table behind my parents walked by and started to chat. The gentleman started the conversation by commenting on how happy the baby obviously made my parents and said he was guessing that she was the first grandchild. My mom asked how he could tell, and the man explained that he knew exactly what it was like because their first grandchild (also a little girl) was nine months old. A few minutes later I began talking to the gentleman’s wife and I asked her if they lived close to their granddaughter and got to see her often. She said they lived in Dallas, and her daughter’s family lived in a neighboring suburb. She went on to say that her daughter was an event planner and she worked one day a week, but was busy on the weekends with her job. The more and more we talked, the more and more familiar their story sounded, and I was 99.9% sure that her daughter was Karen of Black Tie, White Dress and Now A Bassinet!. At that point, I started asking myself... do I admit to this woman that I blog stalk her daughter or do I keep my mouth shut. I decided that if I was going to be a creepy blog stalker, I should at least fess up to it. So, I asked her daughter's name, and she said it was indeed Karen. I then told her that I read Karen's blog and confirmed that her granddaughter was the adorable Miss Eleanor. It was probably at that point she realized how creepy I actually was, but we both started laughing and shared the coincidence with the rest of the group.

The best part of the story is BEFORE we came to the realization that I "knew" this woman's daughter... she may or may not have told me this news.  AFTER I told her I read Karen's blog, I swore to secrecy... but thought it was so cool that I knew something that had not yet been revealed to the blog world yet.  Creepy?  Yes... but I thought it was so cool.  I have always wanted to randomly meet someone who's blog I read, and this just might be as close as I get.  Or will it??

3 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!! I just went nuts when my parents were telling me the story from Kendra's wedding... too funny! So, I blogged today and told people to come read it... and sent them to you!

    We'll meet someday; sure of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and another random fact... Kendra was a Tridelta with me at A&M... small. world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read BJ and Karen's blog and saw yours-- my daughter's name is Leighton, too! I have never heard anyone else name their child that! You have great taste!

    ReplyDelete