Monday, June 13, 2011

Four Months Old

WANTED: This baby...
THE CRIME: Growing up too quickly!

It doesn't even seem possible, but our baby is four months old.  I am getting sad just typing this because it makes me think about how quickly time flies.  However, Miss Leighton is getting more and more fun each day!  When she is awake, she is usually smiling... especially if her daddy's around.  You should see the way her face lights up when she sees him - it makes me quite jealous is amazing!  It is still a very rare phenomenon, but she has started laughing out loud too.  It is the best!!  As I mentioned in previous posts, other new firsts this month included reaching for and grabbing her toys and rolling from her back to her tummy.  Such a big girl! 

We went to the doctor on June 8th, and other than a pesky runny nose courtesy of daycare, the doctor said L is doing great!  She also gave us the green light to start the little one on solid foods.  I was eagerly awaiting the whole solid food thing because it would be new and fun... but also because I was hoping it would help her sleep through the night.  By definition, L has slept through the night (a 5 to 6 hour stretch) for a long time, but within the past few weeks she has started stirring in the wee hours.  We usually just shove her paci back in and she goes back to sleep.  BUT once she starts stirring, she usually wakes up every hour afterward.  Makes for one tired mommy in the morning.  I will do a separate post on her first date with rice cereal, but the jury is still out on whether or not it's actually helping us during the night.  Here are her stats from our four-month visit...

Weight - 12 lbs. 14 oz. (33%)
Height - 24 in. (that's two feet - she's almost as tall as I am!) (41%)
Head circumference - 16 in. (40%)

Despite my best efforts, I could not get the little one to smile for her four-month photo shoot.  I wanted to take her pictures after we went to the doctor so we would have her stats... but the shots and the baby Tylenol made for one groggy baby.  I think every picture of her is cute though...
Look how big (and tired) she looks in this one...
I love the tongue/cheeks in this one...
And (ignore the Flash Gordon hand, but) check out the dimples in this one...
But my very favorite picture of the day is this one...
No matter how hard I try... I just can't get enough kisses :)

Leighton Blair, you continue to amaze us!  Your mommy and daddy love you right up to the moon and back!

No comments:

Post a Comment