Tuesday, June 7, 2011

First time in the pool...

So this post is a little bit late, but I wanted to share pictures of Leighton's first time in the pool.  We took our 10 foot "white trash" pool down to P.O.C. for Memorial Day weekend.  I had the bright idea of setting it up on the front porch so we could keep Leighton out of the sun, but I didn't think about the fact that the water would be COLD without the sun to warm it up.  We filled the pool Saturday morning and the water was FREEZING, so we waiting until Sunday to put the little one in.  We started by splashing some water on her legs, then we dipped a few toes, then the legs, and finally she was all in.  I will let the pictures tell the rest of the story...

What is this... a big bath tub?
Geez Mom, this water is cold...
I'm not so sure about this, guys...
Okay, maybe it's not SO bad...
OMG, this pool is AWESOME!!!
Our family (plus rubber duckie)...
Notice that in most of the pictures, Lyn and I are not "in" the water... it was that cold.  But, Leighton took it like a champ.  I think her daddy and I were more excited about the whole pool experience than Leighton was, but I'm sure she will enjoy it more and more as she grows (especially if the water is not miserably cold).

In other news, Leighton Blair Goldman is four months old today!!!  I know - it's crazy!?!  We are going to the doctor tomorrow for a check-up (and more shots), so stay tuned for her four-month post.

No comments:

Post a Comment