Monday, April 25, 2011

Turning over a new leaf...

It's been a while since our last post, and we have some big news!  Last Friday, April 15th, Leighton rolled over for the first time.  I know what you're thinking... she's only 10 weeks old.  What can I say - she's an over-achiever.  As you may know, naps are an unknown phenomenon in our house - the little one typically only "sleeps" for 25-30 minutes at a time during the day.  So, she was resting in her crib on her tummy last Friday and I heard her crying over the monitor, so I went to check on her.  I put her pacifier back in hoping she would settle down and doze back off, then I left the room.  A few minutes later I heard her crying again, so I went back in to find her staring up at me.  It actually startled me at first because I wasn't expecting to see that, but then I realized what she did and I didn't know whether to be excited or sad because she was getting so big!!  The timing of the whole thing was pretty funny because the day before she rolled over I got my weekly email about her development.  The article was talking about "turning over a new leaf" and said that at this point, she should be able to move from her back to her side, but the complete roll over won't come for another month or so because she needs stronger neck and arm muscles for that maneuver.  Little do they know... this girl's pretty strong! 

P.S. I have been trying to upload a video of her rolling over for days with no luck.  Hopefully I can figure this out soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment