Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Leighton's First Easter

Well, our weekend got off to a bit of a rough start, but it turned out to be a great one.  Thursday afternoon, we packed up my Tahoe with the kiddo, the dog, and a ton of baby gear.  We got as far as Richmond when my check engine light came on and my car acted like it didn't want to go any further.  So, we decided to call an all-stop with the Tahoe, and we called Jeremy to come rescue us.  After loading all of our stuff into Jeremy's truck, driving home to get Lyn's truck, loading everything into Lyn's truck, driving back to pick up Lyn and Riley where we left them waiting on the tow truck, we were back on the road several hours later.  Thankfully, Leighton took everything like a champ and we finally made it to Victoria without further incident.  When we got to my parents' house, we put L down and went to eat a late dinner with David and Tiffany.  On Friday we went to church, Lyn played golf with some friends while the little one and I hung out, then we went to dinner with all of our folks and Ann.  Saturday we went to Hudson's 4th birthday party and had dinner at Lyn's parents' house that evening with a few visitors.

We had a great, albeit busy, Easter Sunday.  We went to church, then went to visit with my Mamie, then went back to the Goldmans' to get our stuff and the dog, then went to my parents' house so Leighton could see what the Easter bunny brought her there, then went to Mission Valley to Lyn's aunt and uncles', then went to Cuero to my uncles' place, then headed back to Katy around 6:30.  Whew... I got tired just typing that.  Leighton was super sleepy in the car, but she didn't go to sleep until we were about 20 minutes from the house.  Honestly, I am pretty thankful for that because we bathed and fed her when we got home and she slept from around 9:30 to 6 am the next morning.  Little one was worn out!  I could kick myself because I didn't take a SINGLE picture this weekend, but Lyn got a few with his iPhone.  We got some family shots with the Goldmans that I will get from them and share.  Enjoy these for now...

Leighton in her Easter dress (please excuse the mom in the background - not sure what is going on with my mouth)...
Getting her first of three Easter baskets on Saturday (the picture should be vertical - not sure how to flip it)...
A few cute ones of Leighton sleeping Friday morning.  First with her daddy...
And I have to share this one because Lyn got such a kick out of it.  He says it looks like she was shot down (I know that sounds terrible) - he said we should draw a chalk line around her...
Hope you all had a wonderful Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment