Wednesday, September 19, 2012

19 Months

Do you know what this means!?!  Leighton is closer to TWO than she is to ONE!!!  C-R-A-Z-Y.
Most of the time, she is the sweet little baby we all know and love.  And then there are times when she gives me a glimpse of the terrible-twos... and I'm not a fan.
(this is what I get when I ask her to smile - she is her father's child)
Between 18 and 19 months, Leighton started putting two words together (i.e. Dada bye-bye, Mama's shoes, puppy eat).  Her favorite phrase, "No, no Mama",  just so happens to be my least favorite... nonetheless, we are pleased with her progress.
We bought her a little Sesame Street potty, and she tee-teed in it twice.  She will sit on the potty and read a book or sing songs with me, but she still seems scared to actually "use" it.  So, although I think she is ready to potty train, I am trying not to push her.
This month Leighton started gymnastics, and WE are having a blast with it.  I am also happy to report that she is doing SO much better in the child care center at the gym.  She got moved up into the 2-year-old room, and I think that made all the difference in the world.  We are doing our best to keep busy these days, so you would think that you-know-who would be napping like a champ.  NOT. SO. MUCH.  I am lucky to get an hour out of her these days.  Not enough for either of us.  I know I shouldn't complain because she sleeps so well at night... but I'm afraid that the days of napping (and me getting anything done) are quickly coming to an end.  I am holding onto hope though... I want to keep her a baby for as long as I can.


1 comment:

  1. I'm a new blog stalker! She is such a cutie, and I am so glad I get to see you both each week for playgroup!

    ReplyDelete