Thursday, September 6, 2012

17 and 18 Months

Who says you can't do two monthly updates at once?  Seriously, I have been working on this post FOR-EV-ERR... so it is high time for me to wrap it up (especially since someone will be 19 months tomorrow)!
 We have been BUSY, BUSY, BUSY these past two three months, and it seems like every day brings something new with Miss Leighton.  I think the biggest change over the last two months has been her ever-increasing vocabulary!  She says so many words (I won't list them all), but here are some of the most popular: mama, dada, ball, blue, Pops, more, please, puppy, purple, Na-na (aunt Natalie), baby, up, out, bye-bye, no (not my favorite), yes, Elmo, and.... tee-tee, poo-poo, and potty!!!  YES - we have entered the world of potty awareness!
 Believe it or not, she tinkled in the potty 1.5 times... but I think my excitement scared the pants back ON her because she hasn't wanted anything to do with the potty since.  So, we're not pushing it for right now and hopefully she'll be ready again soon!
As I said before, our summer was jam-packed!  On a good note, we welcomed my sister back to the States (for a little while, we hope)... but we had to say goodbye to my dear cousin, Jenny, and her family for three years.  I hope to do a mega recap post soon... but for now please enjoy the pictures of our sweet big girl!  More pictures of our even bigger girl coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet "big" girl and quite an impressive vocab! :) Hope to hang out with y'all soon!

    ReplyDelete