Friday, April 13, 2012

Is this thing on??

For the two people that may still be checking our little blog... where do I begin?  It has been a while since our last post and a LOT has changed.  Miss Leighton is now 14 months old, and I am now officially a stay-at-home-mom!!  I quit my job in November and went back for a brief stint in mid-January to help out during busy season.  I know what you're thinking... since you stay at home now, why haven't you updated your blog??  As I've learned, this isn't the easiest gig and I'm still trying to master our routine (naps, housework, activities, etc.).  However, being the blog-stalker lover that I am... this is something that I am going to make an effort to be better about.

So... some highlights of the past several months: My sister came home for the holidays and we took a road trip to Ruidoso, Leighton included.  Lyn and I were a little worried about the 12 hour car ride with the little one... but we couldn't have asked for a better trip.  She did awesome and we had a wonderful time!

Our family had a wonderful first Christmas with Leighton!  Needless to say, her grandparents and aunts showered her with gifts, but it was so much fun!!


And, I don't know how it happened, but Leighton turned a year-old in February.  My how the time flies!!


She took her first steps in early January started walking full-time shortly before her 1st birthday.  Big girl!!  We celebrated her birthday with a party at our house and it was near-perfect (we missed our Aunt Natalie).





We went back to see Miss Tiffany at Mulberry Dreams for our one-year-old pictures and I still can't believe how she's grown. (I will add those pictures later and probably change our blog design)!!

So, here we are!  I know it goes without saying, but I am loving being at home every day with Leighton.  Don't get me wrong... we have our bad days and some challenges here and there... but this is the best job I could ever ask for!!  Thanks for sticking with us and I promise I will become a better blogger!

1 comment:

  1. I must have missed something cause I just realized today that you had even posted anything new...I thought you had left the bloggy world. :( Glad to see your back. Leighton is adorable and her one year pictures were so cute!! So you stay home now? We definately need to get together. We are always looking for fun new playdates! Call me or email me sometime.

    ReplyDelete