Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A bit of randomness (and not a picture one)...

  • Mother's Day - I mentioned a few posts ago that I would blog about my first Mother's Day.  However, I am very sad to report that I do not have a SINGLE picture from my first Mother's Day.  Not one.  I told Lyn after I realized this, and he suggested that we take one on Monday because no one would know the difference.  WRONG.  I know the difference, and I am super bummed.  Nonetheless, we had a very nice (albeit busy) day.  We were in Victoria that weekend for my cousin Matthew and Casie's wedding (Leighton's first wedding, btw).  On Sunday, we went to church, then went to visit my Mamie, then went to lunch with my parents at the O.G. (that's Olive Garden - a Sunday favorite in V-town), then made a stop by Lyn's grandma's house before we left town.  We had 16 x 24 prints of Leighton made for our moms, so naturally they loved them.  The only thing I wanted (and the best gift that I could ever get) was to spend time with my little girl.  As I mentioned,  we stopped by Mamie's house after church... which would have been the perfect photo op with four generations of mothers/daughters... so please close your eyes and picture my Mamie, my mom, Leighton and me all dressed in our Sunday best on my very first Mother's Day.  Pretty nice picture, huh?  Maybe next year.
  • Weddings, weddings, weddings - On Saturday, May 7th, my cousin Matthew and his sweet fiancee, Casie got married (finally :)).  It was the perfect day for an outdoor wedding, and Casie looked amazing! We had a blast, and it was great to see all of my mom's side of the family.  (Naturally, no pictures).  The following weekend, I was a bridesmaid in my long-time friend and former college roomie, Kendra's, wedding to Capt. Clint Caughman.  Leighton hung out at the church with me and the girls on the big day, then my mom picked her up and brought her back with them for the wedding.  I bawled like a baby during the ceremony (and at the reception for that matter), but Kendra was a beautiful bride and it was a great wedding.  The reception was awesome, and the little one went home early with Granny and Pops while mom and dad stayed back and cut a rug.  (More to come on my random blog-related meeting at the reception).  Lastly, Lyn was the best man in his cousin Lucas' wedding last Saturday.  Lucas and Ryanne's wedding was so nice - they did most of the work themselves, and it was so personal and about them.  It was great!  So, we are done with weddings until late June, and we have two back to back in October.  If anyone else decides to get married this year, we are not going.  (Kidding, kind of).
  • Back to work - After 13 weeks home with the little one... I went back to work on May 10th.  Needless to say, I was a little less than excited about going back (sorry Billie), but I did it.  Leighton goes to one of the Primrose Schools in Katy, and so far we have been very pleased.  I have been getting up at the crack of dawn to feed the little one, get ready for work, and get out the door early so I can pick her up earlier in the afternoon.  Since she's waking up in the 5 o'clock hour, I feed her and put her back to sleep for a little bit.  Lyn wakes her up around 7 (kind of sad, but the most adorable thing ever), and she's usually all smiles when she finally comes to and sees her daddy.  He gets her dressed and usually takes her to school at 7:30.  I typically leave work at 4 and haul bottom (I can't swear - I'm a mom now) across town to get her.  She is usually exhausted when we get home, so we play for a little bit then she takes a little nap around 5:30.  She's usually pretty tired by 7ish, so we bathe her around then and feed her/put her to bed between 7:30 and 8.  She has gotten to the point where she falls asleep pretty easily now... but I will hold her a little while longer than I used to in the evenings since I don't get to spend much time with her anymore.  It has been hard on me, but she has transitioned pretty well.  I'm sure I will get there too. 
That's the end of my ramblings for now.  Thanks for hanging in there!  I promise the next post will be more about Miss Leighton and I will even throw in a picture or two.  Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. She is adorable! What a cutie. And I love the blog. Can't wait to follow.
    I am so sorry we never got around to visiting in Katy before you went back for work. Hopefully we can get together before too long.

    ReplyDelete