Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Or so we thought...

Approximately an hour and a half after I submitted the last post... plans changed.  It was Super Bowl Sunday, and we were planning to go to Leanne and Jerome's house to watch the game.  It was about 4:30 and we were about to walk out the door, so I went to the restroom, cleaned up shop, and headed for the door.  Just then, I felt a little warm splash south of the border and I knew either a) I had an accident (not likely since I JUST used the restroom or b) my water broke.  Upon further investigation, I realized it was the latter of the two... and I had to figure out how I was going to let Lyn know about the recent development since he was in the garage waiting for me and I had sprung a leak.

I finally hobbled my way to the garage, asked Lyn to come inside, and told him what was going on.  True to form, he remained completely calm, grabbed the phone and we called the doctor.  We were told to head to the hospital, so we did... after I got in the bath tub and shaved my legs.  You're welcome, Lyn and Heather (our sweet nurse).  To make this long story short - we got to the hospital around 5:30, got settled into our room and they hooked me up to the pitocin around 6:30.  I received my epidural (yes, please) around 10:30 and was fully dilated around 1:40 a.m. We started pushing around 1:45, and our little angel was born at 2:28 a.m. on Monday, February 7, 2011.  She weighed 6 pounds, 6.5 ounces and was 19.5 inches long.  She is the most beautiful thing in the world (so her daddy and I think), and here are some pictures to prove it...

And our first photo as a family of three...
The princess with her daddy...

No comments:

Post a Comment